The part of the Games that will have an impact on residents of Clarkson involves the Road Cycling and Triathlon events, which will take place on the Friday and Saturday of that weekend, and will involve some closure along Lakeshore Rd.W., as noted below. The triathlon events will use Jack Darling Park and Rhododendron Gardens and the east bound lanes of Lakeshore Rd.W. between those two locations. The road cycling will use Lakeside Park, Winston Churchill Blvd., Royal Windsor Drive and Avonhead Road on both Friday and Saturday.
Road Closure Information
Friday, August 12 - TriathlonRace begins at 10:00 am
Expect delays from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Saturday, August 13 - TriathlonRace begins at 8:00 am
Expect delays from 7:30 am to 10:30 am
- No entry/exit into Jack Darling Park before race
- Lakeshore Rd W – east bound lanes (south half of street) closed from entrance of Jack Darling Park to Brueckner Rhododendron Gardens (Shawnmarr Rd.). Two way traffic on west bound lanes (north side)
Saturday, August 13 - Road CyclingRace begins at 8:00 am
Expect delays from 9:00 am to 10:30 am
- Full closure on Lakeshore Rd W from small west Parking Lot at Lakeside Park to Winston Churchill
- Closure of north traffic on Winston Churchill from Lakeshore Rd W to Royal Windsor. Southbound traffic local only.
- Royal Windsor – south half of street closed. Two way traffic on north side. From Winston Churchill to Avonhead Rd
- Full closure on Avonhead Rd from Royal Windsor to Lakeshore Rd W